- Founded in 1956.
- 5 campuses: Xiasha campus, Wenyi campus, Dongyue Campus, Xiasha East campus, Qingshanhu campus.
- One of the 4 Chinese universities featured in Electronics &
- Ranked top 5 universities in Zhejiang Province by the provincial government since 2015.
- Ranked 43among sic-tech universities in China(2016).
- Strong in Electronics, Information Science, Economics and Management.
- Cultivated over 100,000 engineers, electricians and business managers since its establishment.
Following the motto of “Diligence（笃学）, Practice（力行）, Truth-seeking（守正）and Innovation（求新）”, Hangzhou Dianzi University has witnessed tremendous development in the past six decades and is now recognized as a key research-teaching university in Zhejiang province, and a local hub of sic-tech research and technology transformation.
With the mission of producing fostering professionals equipped with excellent knowledge and skills to cater for the evolving technology and cutting-edge research trend, HDU has emerged to be a catalyst for China’s industrial growth and the world well-being as well.
Faculty & Staff
- 1,562faculty and over 2300 staff (by 2017)
- 28% with doctoral degree
- 35% teachers visiting abroad as visiting scholars
- 202 foreign teachers and professors
- 148 teachers holding academic positions or as editors in international organizations or journals
- 67 members of China Academy of Science
- 1 member of The Third World Academy of Sciences
- 5 National Distinguished Experts
- 4 National Outstanding Youth Fund Scholars
- 4 Zhejiang Provincial Distinguished Experts
HDU has a pool of high quality teaching and research professionals led by national, ministerial or provincial experts with outstanding contributions and renowned scholars. This high-notch team provides strong support to the rapid development of the university and promises the high quality of education.
HDU encourages its faculty to get involved in varieties of international collaborations and academic activities and provides them with solid financial support. Every year, more than 130 teachers visit different parts of the world for international conferences, joint research programs and cooperative programs.
|“The Thousand Talents Plan” is a national talents recruitment plan initiated by Chinese government since the end of 2008, under which it would bring in overseas top talents to China over the next five to ten years. This plan calls for strategic scientists or leading talents who can make breakthroughs in key technologies or can enhance China’s high-tech industries and emerging disciplines. 7 professors from HDU is on the list of this plan. (http://www.1000plan.org/en/plan.html)|
HDU strives to attract overseas talents as well. Every year, HDU invites more than 100 renowned scholars both from home and abroad to deliver lectures and conduct academic activities. A great number of entrepreneurs and elites are invited for lectures and career planning programs, as well as internship issues