- Job Location Suzhou
- Start date Fall Semester 2019
- Minimum Education Req. Bachelor's degree
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Literature, Translation and Interpreting, Linguistics
POSITION TITLE: Professor
LOCATION: SUZHOU CAMPUS
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and includes a general allowance and benefits package
POSITION OPEN DATE: Fall Semester 2019
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 30 June 2019
JOB ID: 995838
CONTRACT TYPE: Full-time and open-ended
Suitable candidates for the Professorial role will be able to evidence:
- PhD Degree in English or a closely related field.
- International standing and profile within one of the disciplines of Literature, Translation and Interpreting, and Lingusitics, as evidenced by high quality publications, grant income and citation and impact indices.
- An excellent track record in teaching and curriculum development, and the ability to provide academic leadership.
- Distinguished academic leadership at an international level.
- Considerable leadership and management experience, including the effective management and use of resources.
- An ability to act as a mentor for younger members of staff.
- Willingness and ability to take on major leadership roles within the University, and to perform the role successfully as measured by performance indicators and university wide-evaluation.
- An ability to contribute to the development and implementation of University strategies and policies.
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s educational, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
Funding for research activities are available through University funding schemes.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 55 may be not eligible for PRC work visa.
Please send your application to AcademicPositions@xjtlu.edu.cn. In the subject line write the Positon you are applying for and quote the job ID number for reference.
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.
Informal enquiries about procedure may be addressed to the Staff Management Team at AcademicPositions@xjtlu.edu.cn. Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.
More substantive issues may be addressed to the Vice President Academic Affairs, Prof David Goodman at email@example.com