- Start date September 2018
- Contract Length (months) 24
- Base Salary RMB Commensurate with experience and education
- Minimum Education Req. Master's degree
- Experience (years) 5+ (for Master's degree holders)
Candidates with expertise in one or more of the following areas: Integrated Marketing Communication, Digital Media, Public Relations/Advertising Copywriting. The position will include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, supervising capstone projects, advising students, and providing service to the department and the university.
Candidates should have:
- a PhD degree in communication with a focus on strategic communication or a closely related field. ABD also considered. Or, Masters’ degree with significant professional experience (ideally 5+ years) in the communication industry (Brand management, Ad Agency, Digital Agency, PR Agency).
- Prior teaching experience at the college or university level.
- Native-level English speaking and writing ability.
- Successful candidates are expected to be committed to excellence in undergraduate or postgraduate teaching. An interest in Chinese culture and society is a plus.
Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract of two years. Commencing salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Fringe benefits include housing allowance (applicable to Assistant Professor and above), leave and medical insurance. Continuation of appointment beyond the initial term will be subject to mutual agreement.
Applications should include a curriculum vitae and a completed “Job Application Form” which can be downloaded from http://web.uic.edu.hk/en/hr/job-opportunities/application-procedure.