- Start date September 2019
- Base Salary RMB 7500 RMB
- Accomodation provided Yes, on campus
- Flight Reimbursement (RMB) Yes
- Minimum Education Req. Bachelor's degree
- Certification TEFL/TESOL preferred
- Experience (years) 2
South China University of Technology
School of Foreign Languages
Full-Time Lecturers and English Language Teachers (native English speakers, multiple positions)
The School of Foreign Languages at the South China University of Technology (SCUT) seeks to fill multiple positions starting September 2019 for the coming academic year.
- Full-Time Lecturers for Business English majors, preferably with interest in business, finance, literature, or marketing.
- English Language Teachers focusing on writing and academic speaking for science and engineering students, primarily graduate students.
Assignments vary, but all require 14-16 classroom hours per week. Service duties (about two hours per week) may include conversation tutorials, participation in English Corner, or proofreading.
Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree and two years’ teaching experience. TESOL, TESL, or TEFL certificates are preferred. Candidates must be committed to teaching excellence, comfortable in classrooms where English is spoken as a foreign language, and sensitive to intercultural exchange.
Compensation is 7,500 CNY per month (higher for those with a master’s or Ph.D.), airfare, insurance, and furnished housing. Candidates must obtain a work permit.
To apply, send cover letter, CV, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org (sfl_office @ 163.com) . Review will begin on 1 March 2019 and will continue until positions are filled.
SCUT is a leading research institution for science and engineering, ranked eleventh in the People’s Republic of China. It has two campuses in Guangzhou (an older campus in Wushan and new facilities in University Town) and is planning a third international campus.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|