- Job Location Suzhou
- Base Salary RMB ¥197,328 to ¥398,664, depending on qualifications and experience
- Accomodation provided No, housing stipend
- Flight Reimbursement (RMB) Yes
- Minimum Education Req. Bachelor's degree
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Teaching English language and study skills (primarily EAP) at university level
- Administrative duties including:
- Class preparation
- Grading homework
- Providing feedback on draft work
- Contributing to module development
- Acting as module examiner
- Pastoral care of students via the university’s academic advising system
- Participating in project work beyond the scope of the module
- Attending and participating in Professional Development opportunities
- Attending and participating in relevant meetings
Applications are invited for English language teaching positions in the Language Centre (LC) at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU), Suzhou, China. Candidates are primarily sought for an August 5, 2019 start; however, a limited number of appointments may be made with earlier start dates. Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.
Successful applicants should be educated to master’s degree level, preferably in Applied Linguistics/ TESOL or equivalent, and should have at least two years of full-time post-master’s relevant teaching experience, preferably at university or foundation year level. Additionally, applicants should have a recognized teaching qualification, such as a CELTA or DELTA, and should be able to demonstrate an interest in one or more of the following areas that are relevant to the work of the centre: English for Academic Purposes (EAP); Technology Enhanced Learning; Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL); Assessment, syllabus and materials design.
- Master’s Degree in English-related discipline (or nearing completion)
- Ideally two years of full time relevant teaching experience
- Teaching qualification such as CELTA, DELTA
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s educational, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 55 may be not eligible for PRC work visa.
Please send your application to AcademicPositions@xjtlu.edu.cn. In the subject line write the Position you are applying for and quote the job ID number for reference.
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter specifying your suitability for the role
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact details for three references
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.
Informal inquiries may be addressed to the Staff Management Team at AcademicPositions@xjtlu.edu.cn. Please quote the position and job ID in your inquiry.